Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

My parents came up to Jersey to spend Christmas with us...and because they came about a week early they got to celebrate their anniversary here! Happy 48th Mom and Dad! I may be slightly prejudice, but I must admit that my parents are two of the greatest people I know! They have always set such a wonderful example for me in so many ways. Most importantly they put the Lord first in their lives. They try to emulate him in all they do and it shows! They have also worked very hard at putting each other first and doing things on a daily basis to make the other happy! They have a strong and beautiful marriage and I am so appreciative of parents who love each other so much!  Lastly, they have always demonstrated unconditional love for their children. I had such a delightful childhood and hope to provide the same and more for my children. My parents continue to love and to serve the needs of myself and my brother even now that we are grown! I will be forever grateful that I have been so blessed to have them as my parents! Thanks for everything Mom and Dad...we love and miss you!

2 comments:

Howard Family said...

I suppose I am slightly prejudice as well, but they are two of the greatest people I know as well. I have always looked to them as an example of what I want my marriage to be like! I love them so much, and I love that picture of them!

Sherilyn said...

What a nice tribute to your parents. 48 years what a great accomplishment. My dad died a year before my parents 45th anniversary so I always love to see those that get to celebrate for longer. You have great parents and when ever I have been with them they alwys make me feel excepted, welcomed and loved. Two great people to pattern you life after.